Monday, January 5, 2015

"My grandma has 25 cats."

Today was the day I returned to school. Camp girls across the country went back to classes, homework and tests. My teacher friends continued "shaping the youth of America" but today I got a teacher day. It was the perfect way to ease back into school--a whole day to work and get stuff done in my classroom. I took a long lunch with my teacher friends Trulock, Jeannie and Jan which was great because I don't get to see them that much on regular days.

I met Ryan Ahlwardt for coffee after school to talk about life and Tecumseh and Young Life. He's officially been on staff for two years at this point which is pretty incredible. HSE Young Life has grown so much in the past two and a half years and we're still seeing awesome growth, depth, community and adventure spilling out of this community. I'm so lucky to be part of it all. 

Because there was no school for students today there was no official YL tonight at the Barn. It just didn't feel like a Monday without seeing YL kids though so I met Julia, Kaelyn and Kate for dinner. These sophomore girls are each so unique and each walking with Christ. I love getting to just hear about what they have going on in their lives and what they're pursuing lately. And we like talking about selfie sticks too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment