Saturday, June 13, 2015

"How fast do you think you can eat that nerd rope?"

Camp Tecumseh is my favorite. I love this place. Even when weeks are challenging, even when I'm feeling sick, even when there are never enough hours in the day-- this is exactly where I want to be. I'm so thankful that I get to spend another summer here with the Tecumseh family and the CILT Pack. 


I get 26 hours off on the weekend and today was really the first time I'd had a break since I came to camp two weeks ago after the last day of school. I headed home to my apartment, grabbing Chipotle on the way, to start laundry and nap. Priorities. 

Then I pick up Julia to go to Hannah's graduation party. I'm so thankful that her party was on a day I could actually come because I had to miss all of the rest of them. Julia and I had been working on a special present for Hannah and couldn't wait to give it to her. 


Lucky for me, I got to see so many of my favorite YL girls while we stayed at Han's all afternoon. Cass and Natty B got graduation bracelets, Genna screamed and ran to hug me. Hools and I had so much to catch up on.


 I was so happy to graduates Lauren, Courtney, Lauryn and Katie. I've missed Kegley and Carol.


Alana was entertaining, Anne is so precious, Sam told us all about IU, Huffer ate a nerd rope in one bite, Chad and Jacob were so preppy and I got to see Ashely when she came after her softball tournament.


Hools and I won't see each other for the next three weeks but then we get to spend two weeks together in the Longhouse for Session 3. She'll go home for a week and then we'll be off to Castaway for YL Camp. It'll be a Hools and Sar summer.

Han and I are pretty sure this is the last time we'll see each other before I visit her at Bama in the Fall. She's off to Europe this week, will be in Bama for cheer and then I'll be at YL Camp in MN when she leaves for college. It's so sad and way too soon to say bye. Han has been one of main characters of my year and our friendship is one of my favorites. Can't imagine what life will be like without her here next year. Love ya forever Han.


No comments:

Post a Comment