Tuesday, May 17, 2016

"Then we did the human barometer with 10,000 people. I said, 'Sit in the front if you love your job, sit in the back if you don't.' I sat in the back."

Nearly 7 years ago I moved to Indianapolis and started leading with Carmel Young Life. There were so many great things that came along with that-- a major gift was meeting Allison Stamer and Taylor Porter. They were two of main characters of that year and they are still two of my favorite humans. They're two years out of college and so far from where they first began. Getting together with them, knowing we'll talk for hours, is one of my favorite things. 


I've accidentally run into Izzy, an HSE sophomore, for three days in a row. Tonight when I walked into Starbucks and saw her for the third time we decided this must be a sign that we should be friends. We talked about life, her speech about LSD, her new garden and were soon joined by KCraig and Trulock. We may have done a little pre-planning so we'll just happen to cross paths again tomorrow.


Did you know there are...

16 days till Staff Training
25 days till Week 1
37 days till Wilderness
66 days till Timberwolf Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment