Sunday, May 8, 2016

"I would rather burn alive then sit in a car of non-alien believers."

Weekend Highlight Reel:

Home Team reunion when Smoon comes to town
Riding in Ellyn's new whip for about 3 minutes


Chipotle is good for the stomach and for the soul-- if we had a food for this tribe, Chipotle would win... or maybe candy... or pizza


Talking CILT stuff and puzzles and evaluations and purpose statements and all our favorite things


"Sometimes it feels like a dream that we got to do CILTs together for a summer, like it's just too good  to be true."


Saturday morning we woke up at the crack of dawn to cheer at the Mini- Marathon


So proud of these girls and their energy, enthusiasm and encouragement


Yes, yes, yes. I need a poster of this. What kind of tribe are you attracting?


Saturday shenanigans with Smoon, Rach and Cookie that make me really happy



"You'll need coffee shops and sunsets and road trips. Airplanes and passports and new songs and old songs, but people more than anything else. You will need other people and you will need to be that other person to someone else, a living breathing screaming invitation to believe better things." -Jamie Tworkoski

Those words remind me so much of my long friendship with Smoon and the role we get to play in each other's lives.


As we're riding up the escalator and Megan says, "Oh my gosh, you guys are wearing like the exact same thing. Do you always do that?!"

We ran into Anna Firmani and in the words of Smoon, "When you're in the right place at the right time with the right people to share the right wisdom, you just have to take a picture." This was a divine crossing of paths today.


The grand finale to such a great day was sitting in the Craig's kitchen with Kathy, Alex and the dogs Ben and Molly. The laughter, the talking, the stories-- the best of the best. 


MOTHER'S DAY WITH MY MOTHER!
Lucky for me, Bethie and Dave came to town
Church at Northview and then out to brunch with Smoon
I loved getting to be with my mom on her day-- she really is the greatest mom I know


Bethie got to hand deliver Maddie's finished quilt and see the final product in her room. (Don't you love how it matches all of the art?)


A few hours later I ran into Maddie and Mel at Target and helped them start the process of picking pillows for her bed.


 Then she sent me a picture later of the complete set-- we freaking love this.

 
 Honorable Mention Blog Titles:
"Do you know why I'm breaking out? It's because I'm trying to save the world and not drinking out of plastic water bottles and just the reusable ones. So now I'm drinking so much less water."
"It's like I'm in a WOMB!"
"Are you calling aliens unspecial?! They're so special!"
"This is blowing my mind because like, you guys believe in the wizard in the sky!"

No comments:

Post a Comment