Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I wish I could take a nap right now

Sometimes I'm really tired. Really tired like all I want in the world is to curl up in a quilt infront of the TV and fall asleep. My friend Colleen swears she has never seen me tired- I can put on a good show and pretend that I've got endless amounts of energy. But I really do get tired.

I don't want to miss out on fun and I don't want to waste time complaining about everything I have to do. At camp we use the phrase, "fake it till you make it." When you've got things to finish or campers to entertain you give it every ounce of energy and enthusiasm you can until you make it.

But today my nose is running, I've got the chills, my neck and throat hurt and I feel like I haven't slept in a couple days. Today I'm wearing a big sweater and drinking Sprite because I want to believe the combination of those two things will miraculously get me back to feeling well.

Sometimes you just have days when it's really hard to fake it.

No comments:

Post a Comment