Monday, November 8, 2010

Why wouldn't you choose that?

We may not all be beautiful, 
we may not all be talented, 
we may not all be smart, 
but we can all be kind.

Tonight at YL Campaigners we talked about the power of words. We've all been affected by other's harsh words and have unfortunately done the same to others. We talked about how we see this in words from our friends, from our parents, in fbook honesty boxes, in text messages, overheard conversations in the hallway or in the cafeteria and everyone has stories of how they've been hurt.

We talked about how we've got to take ownership of our own words--all these hateful words are coming from somewhere and I don't want to be a contributor. If your words can build people up and make them feel loved and improve their day and see themselves as special why wouldn't you choose that? I want to choose to be kind and to teach others to be kind.

I love when life seems to have a theme. I get home from that Campaigner talk and my friend Sarah sent me this video. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment