Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Some thoughts

1. A student made gingerbread cookies last night and brought them in to share in 7th period today. I love that class.

2. We're participating in a writing project called "Reverb10" that Fitzie told me about. Every day in December has a different prompt. Today my students wrote 'Moment: Choose one moment from the last year in which you felt the most alive. Describe that moment using vivid detail.' I heard great stories from my students and they were excited about what they were writing. At the end of 10 minutes one of my boys still hadn't written anything. He told me he never feels really happy or alive. Maybe he just didn't want to write but that really just breaks my heart.

3. I went to meet with my new advisor and to register for some grad classes next semester. I love class/writing/school/education but I'm concerned that I'm going to be overwhelmed with everything I have going on. I love being involved but I don't want to feel like I can't enjoy everything because I'm too worried about what I have to do next.

4. I had dinner with a great friend tonight. I love sitting with her and how conversation between good friends can always make you feel better... that and singing camp cheers really loud in the car.

1 comment:

  1. I just started Reverb! It was the 'Moment' prompt that made me want to do it. I hope to revisit that topic soon.

    ReplyDelete