Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Years Eve

Last New Years Eve we gathered with friends at the Houghton's to celebrate Nick's first birthday and to bring in 2010 together. So much has happened since then. Nick is now two and so smart. The Houghton's moved to a brand-new house and they have a brand-new baby! Jenna wasn't with us this year to celebrate but let's not forget that this year she fell in love and got engaged.


Young Life friends gathered for hors d'oeuvres, excellent reflective questions from Jon, talking about great books and events from 2010, Just Dance 2, a waxy craft, taking turns holding baby Raelyn, and toasts after midnight. I also snuck in a trip over to see some camp friends that were celebrating too.


Linda thought this up- we painted with melted crayons. It was kind of like a craft we saw at a First Friday... kind of.



One thing that has not changed since last year, we're still bringing in the New Year on our heads tripod style. Starting with a new perspective you see. We think this is a tradition that will stick.


Top 10 Things I Learned About Myself or Life This Year

1. No one's life is perfect. All people want to be accepted and loved. It's important to learn how to love others well.
2. I'm so lucky and blessed to be at my school. I can't imagine a better place.
3. When you focus on what and who you love and get rid of the rest you're really happy.
4. There will always be more people that I want to get to know better and be friends with.
5. I'm different in different places- with CILTs, in the classroom, in Young Life- and that's okay.
6. I'm figuring out more and more which people are always going to be there.
7. I'm believing more and more that age is just a number that doesn't define people's dependability, maturity, faith, ability, friendship, trust or kindness.
8. Sometimes I have to make myself do the fun stuff but it's always worth it.
9. I'm working on trusting that God is in control and he knows what he is doing.
10. I feel more content with who I am than I ever have before.

No comments:

Post a Comment