Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sweet baby girl

This morning at 8:02 Raelyn Kate Houghton was born at 7 pounds 13 oz. She is wonderful.


I think there are few things quite as precious as holding a brand-new little baby.  I'm so glad I got to meet her and hold her today. Her fingernails are already so long that her hands are in these little blanket mitten things. Her skin is so soft that when you touch it you feel like you're not touching anything at all. I can't wait to see her grow up- she'll dress up with Kylie and run around the house and Nick will get her to play games and she'll help Annie in the kitchen and Jon will teach her to play basketball.


In Shauna's newest book Bittersweet she writes a lot about babies- her son Henry, her friends babies, and her own miscarraige. Today I was thinking about Jon and Annie with little Raelyn. Shauna writes one chapter as a letter to Henry and I know Jon and Annie would write this for their kids too,

"You know this already, because I tell you ever day, but I love you with my whole heart. When you were first born, and I was so totally overcome with the way I felt about you, that's what I whispered to you, and it's as true today as it ever was. I love you with my whole heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment