Tuesday, December 13, 2011

#canitakeafinalin making new friends?

Tuesday lunch with Mikaela, Abby, and Rachel is my new favorite tradition. I remember getting to eat lunch with my middle school English teacher and thinking it was the greatest thing in the world. So now my girls bring their lunch trays up to my classroom, pull a couple desks together and entertain me for the next 29 minutes with their stories, animal impressions and questions.

On the white board outside my classroom I decided to plant a seed of a theme day. Random cabin dress up days are one of my favorite parts of summer- monochromatic Monday, overall week, tye-dye Tuesday, white out Wednesday, Bro day... So I'm trying to bring that spirit to the Junior high tomorrow.


I finally finished reading Crossed, the sequel to Matched, today. Considering it took me over a month to read, it's not one of my favorite books ever but I'm still a fan of the series. My favorite quote of the main character caught up in angst, "Love has different shades. Like the way I loved Cassia when I though she’d never love me. The way I loved her on the Hill. The way I love her now that she came into the canyon for me. It’s different. Deeper. I thought I loved her and wanted her before, but as we walk through the canyon together I realize this could be more than a new shade. A whole new color."

While searching for a new ugly Christmas sweater for Molly I found this gem of a fleece. There was no possible way I could pass it up, especially at only $4. Once I got home I was surprised to find $3 in the pocket. This little beauty only cost me $1 and is joining the ranks of the purple 80s prom dress as the best Goodwill finds ever.


Molls and I ate dinner together and made plans for a dinner party in January. We've figured out the guest list and menu but are still working on the theme. Back at home I got to hang out with Colleen and Cameron for a bit, they never fail to make me laugh, before going to bed exceptionally early. I don't know why I keep going to bed before most of my students' bedtimes... maybe I'm hibernating.

No comments:

Post a Comment