Monday, December 26, 2011

Holla at ya Challah

We're all in agreement that baby Lincoln is our favorite present of the year. He is the happiest book-loving, hand-sucking, leg-kicking, blue-dog-best-friending, milk-spitting child we know. We love him.


While everyone else went walking I got to babysit Linc. We built an ornament habitat just like the one he has at his house in Michigan. Linc asked me to put all the most fun ornaments to look at right in his field of vision. Even monkey friend wanted to come play-- can you spot him in the tree?


We spend a lot of our day just staring at him while he snoozes because he is so dang cute. But if he wakes up, you've got to start deep bouncing like its your job.


What would Christmas vacation be without some holla Challah bread? We mixed, rose, kneaded, divided, braided and baked. Bethie is really good at holla-ing.


Holla at ya bread.


One of my favorite parts of today was being productive. Crafts, camp chapters, and a friendship bracelet oh my!


This morning after playing a round of Password I said, "Ok, guys. I have a really great game you've got to at least try to play. Maggie and Ellie made it up and they play it over Skype during school. I get to play with them if I get home early and they're still online. You play hide and go seek around camp in your minds." My family looked at me with skeptical looks. "It's really fun, you have to play at least once and try it."

Four rounds later after hiding on the zip line, in the Day Camp storage shed, inside the riflery mattress closet, and in the recycling dumpster (in our minds of course) Dad suggested we introduce the game to the Camp Staff Alumni group on facebook. It was an instant hit. By the end of the day the post had 776 comments because of all the rounds of hiding in our minds with over 20 friends participating in the game. Maggie and Ellie are grand game makers.


Just when I thought the excitement of the day was winding down I got a call from three of my favorite people-- Sarah and Michelle Mooney and Maggie Shadid. After we finished our Skype party Annie Fazzio popped up.


I normally talk to these girls everyday but without consistent cell service down in the River Village our conversations are more sparse. I loved getting to see their faces and hear about Christmas and all of their adventures break.

I was floored to find out that they've never seen five of my favorite movies of all times-- You've Got Mail, While You Were Sleeping, Runaway Bride, Pretty Woman, and Stepmom. I made them write down all the titles and the Peoria crew went to go get two to watch right away.

                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment