Monday, December 5, 2011

Oh, I think I've heard this song before...

Yesterday Libby asked me if I would want to go to Santa Slam today. I told, "Of course!" right away. She is one of the girls in the 8th grade bible study and I get to see her in the halls of school everyday. Her parents were originally going to take her but after a turn of events she needed alternative transportation. 

Libby asked her friends Ellie, Haley and Haleigh (three more rockstars) to come along. I loved getting to hang out with these girls tonight. One of my dreams in the past couple years has been for YL to start back up in Fishers and be able to be a YL leader for my old students. While talking to one of my friends today I told them going to this concert was going to be some early extremely fun contact work.


And who would've guessed it- I ran into Molly right away! She was there with her best friends and we ended up standing together and belting out the words to all three of the songs we knew.


It was fun being in the audience and screaming and running into more HSE and camp T girls and doing a little bit of the bernie. I was surprised by Demi's hair and the sudden ending--we really wished they would have done a Camp Rock number together.


When we got to these choruses we belted it out--

"Now here we are, so close, yet so far. Haven't I passed the test? When will you realize, baby, I'm not like the rest. Don't wanna break your heart, I wanna give your heart a break. I know you're scared it's wrong like you might make a mistake. There's just one life to live and there's no time to wait, to wait."


"You can take everything I have. You can take everything I am. Like I'm made of glass, like I'm made of paper. Go on and try to tear me down, I will be rising from the ground like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper."



And my favorite part of the whole night? Belting out Taylor Swift in the car with the girls all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment