Thursday, December 1, 2011

"If the forest were the world, and all the people were the trees; palm and pine, bamboo and willow, Live and grow in harmony"

Today didn't turn out exactly like I expected. The FBC sweatshirts didn't come in (we're assured they'll be here by next Wednesday) and Olivia's play got rescheduled for next week. 

Sometimes when plans change something equally great takes it's place. I got to hang out with a small group of girls in FBC and Maddy and I talked to some perspective campers about the greatness of Tecumseh and even sang the Warrior cheer for them.


Instead of going to see the play, Molly and I got to go to the So Bro Cafe with Annie and Houghton children. She convinced us to try chai tea after I told her I think I'm switching my food goal from peppers to tea for the year. Peppers just haven't been working out (mostly because I never try them) and I think tea would just be a better option.

p.s. Did you know chai tea tastes like coffee with cinnamon? I never knew...


 Once we got back to the Houghton's we couldn't slow the kids down long enough to pose for another picture but Molls and I fell in love with this tent in their basement. Annie just set it up and has plans for lights and more drapes.


Today is the first of December and the beginning of a season of such great things-- Mother/Daught quilt camp with the Hot Chocolate Club, more visits to Michigan, FBC sweatshirts will finally come in, christmas lights everywhere, snow delays, the 4th Annual CILT Reunion, a counselor lunch over Christmas Break, ugly Christmas sweaters, handmade gift exchanges, christmas trees, christmas movies, christmas cookies, christmas... It's going to be a great season.

No comments:

Post a Comment