Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Top 10 Reasons I Loved Today

1. Today's theme was "Wrap Yourself" but instead of a giant wrapped refrigerator box I opted for an ugly Christmas sweatshirt that said "Joy" and a bow in my hair. Colleen told me it counted because I "wrapped myself in joy."

2. My students wrote funny holiday stories about each other all day long and they laughed hard. I love hearing some of their giggles and laughs.


3. I worked on my Christmas hat for tomorrow's contest after school today. I love crafts and I love FBC.

4. Tonight Molly, Mary, Emily, Rachel and I all went to dinner at Fire by the Monon together. These are some of my very favorite people to spend time with. We all piled in the car and it felt like we were driving together on a night off.


5. I love how comfortable I am with these people. They're just so fun.

6. My dinner was so delicious- best sweet potato fries I've ever had. And Diet Coke even though it was already 6 o'clock on a school night.

7. Back at the girls' house we were joined by Colleen and played fishbowl. I love this game. I really loved watching Emily act things out and seeing how nervous Rach got when it was her turn and hearing everyone's train of thought.

8. I got to Skype with Mags and see her new ugly Christmas sweater. This thing is a gem. Maybs the best I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of ugly Christmas sweaters in my day.


9. Mrs. Shadid joined us for a little bit to talk about how much we love Maggie's curly hair and sing a theme song or two together.

10. I've started reading through Bittersweet again and I forgot how much I love it. There are my favorite go to Shauna chapters but it's fun to re-read the really good ones I'd forgotten about.


No comments:

Post a Comment