Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"Curds are the devil's food."

I squeeled today when I saw the UPS truck pull up to the school today. Two men toted in three giant white boxes that held 128 precious FBC sweatshirts that had finally arrived. Look at these gems.


After school five of my 8th grade girls stayed to help organize, sort, roll, label, rubber band and bag all of the sweatshirts. I've mailed out about 15 of them and already delivered 5--  yeah Friendship Bracelet Cult Club.


To continue my week of the performing arts in all their creative glory, I attended Mother Goosed at Sycamore with Molls and Alli. We came to watch Olivia and Oksana perform in their lead roles. We were three rows from the front and we couldn't stop laughing.

"But this one time I did catch on fire and it was pretty funny cause I was like, 'Woah, I'm on fire!'"

"Yeah, jump you dumb egg!"

"But I squashed it and I squashed it good, I know because I heard a crunching sound."

"The bad lady hears my thoughts..."



Olivia and Oksana stole the show. Olivia was the face of Mother Goose news as Beth, the anchor, and Oksana played the roles of the Spider's mother, Jill (of Jack and Jill), and the slightly insane Peter (who picked a peck of pickled peppers).


One of the moms asked us, "So, you really like coming to watch Junior High plays?" Yes, yes we do. We love to get to come and see our campers in real life. We love to cheer kids on in something they love. We love to see kids perform on stage just like drama clinic in front of the Trading Post. We love to spread camp joy.


The girls kept hugging us and showed us all over the school. Liv was pacing and talking a mile a minute while telling us a story and her Mom grabbed her shoulders to hold her in place and said, "Woah, woah, you have your camp thing going." That kind of happens when we're all together.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, hello! Just reading your blog :) Love the FBC sweatshirts! Do the other teachers at your school think it's crazy that you have 128??

    ReplyDelete