Friday, December 30, 2011

"Oh my gosh your voice is deeper, you're growing up."

Isn't interesting to think that you never really stop getting to know someone? You can be friends with someone for years but you can never learn everything about them. Both of you change over time as well and you get to watch that person evolve into whoever they are becoming.

Tonight I got to have dinner with these CILTs of session 2 2010. Sarah Zinn is in town visiting from London and her visit required a reunion--even Craig T Douglas showed up in his pajamas. I met Rae, Craig, Megan, Sarah, Kaitlyn and Niki over a year and a half ago but I keep liking them more with time.


It's so neat to get to watch their friendships with each other thrive, hear them talk about where they'll go to school next year, listen to their stories of Senior year and how it's totally opposite or exactly what they expected. It was a blessing to get to sit and talk with these six tonight.


I've been friends with these girls for three years now because of Young Life and I'm so thankful that on breaks like this that we make time for each other. Taylor and Allison are girls of adventure--they want to try ever flavor of frozen yogurt, play "Wavin' Flag" loud in the car and beat on imaginary drums as they sing, ask each other real questions because they believe that deep conversations can happen whenever and where ever.


Tonight Susan, Allison, Taylor and I laughed at YouTube videos and funny stories, played Nerts, ate too much popcorn, wrote our "Top 10 Things I Realized In 2011" lists and talked about all the things we want the others to know about family, school, friends, fears, boyfriends, and hopes for next semester. Even though I've known them for years, tonight I got to know these girls better.

No comments:

Post a Comment