Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Give me sunshine

I really miss this face. I wish I could play with baby Lincoln everyday. Good thing I'll see him in just a couple weeks. In the meantime Katie and Nick are doing a really good job being his parents.


I finished reading The Pact last night. Another Picoult book that I couldn't put down with an ending that was not what I had been anticipating. As I read, "the anti-Romeo and Juliet story: the families that are too close, instead of being enemies--and that still wind up hurting their star-crossed  children as a result," I thought of the High School kids I know through camp and Young Life wondering if they've thought the things that Chris and Emily were overwhelmed by. Picoult's book bring the characters to life and only a few chapters into the story you are already so invested in their lives.


The week of Sar and Molls is going strong. Today we've been checking things off of our bucket list left and right.

Go to a movie and get snacks. Check.
One for the Money--we love Katherine Heigl and New Jersey accents.


Try a new restaurant neither of us have been to. Check.
This pizzeria was just opened by the family of one of my 7th graders. She keeps asking me to come because she knows how much I love pizza. We were impressed.


Make at least three crafts. Check.
We're actually making way more than three... but all of them are in progress and I don't want to give anything away yet. But here's a hint: What do American Girl Dolls, baseball, and Pokemon have in common?


2 comments:

  1. Gosh my child is cute. And I know the answer!!!!! THEY ALL HAVE TRADING CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm right, right? That American Girl is just there to throw people off :)

    ReplyDelete