Thursday, February 23, 2012

Scarves, shoes and overalls. oh. my.

I got my scarf in the mail from Libby Ryder today. Flipping out does not even begin to explain my excitement. Obviously I love handmade things, but it's even better because of the artist. Libby writes Don't Waste Your Cancer, which is one of my very favorite blogs because her story of faith and trust and hope is such an inspiration. I can't wait to start wearing it. Oh and the second best part of this? Sarah Briggs got one in the mail from Libby today too.


I found these shoes at Target today and they just screamed SUMMER to me. I couldn't pass them up. Shauna Niequist says, "When I live purposefully and well, when I dance instead of sitting it out, when I let myself laugh hard, when I wear my favorite shoes on a regular Tuesday, that regular Tuesday is better." These shoes are going to make a lot of days better.


I have had two really great finds at Goodwill, those, "I can't believe someone would give this away!" kind of find. Purple sequin 80s prom dress. Crazy design neon fleece. Today I add a third find to that elite group. Katy told me during FBC that a Goodwill had opened up down the street and she had seen five, yes FIVE, pairs of overalls there yesterday. If you're not a cowboy or a camp counselor than you may not know that finding overalls is nearly an impossible feat. I scoured the racks and end up getting two pairs of shorts overalls that will be perfect for camp this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment