Sunday, February 5, 2012

"Oh... so it's like Mad Gab?"

Saturday morning Molls and I finished the trading cards before I moved out. I still laugh every time I look at them. 


I also got to enjoy some hulu-watching, friendship-braceleting, letter-writing, coffee-drinking time on this perfect Saturday morning.

Don't you just love a good Grey's Anatomy quote? "Your life is a gift, accept it. No matter how screwed up or painful it seems to be. Some things are going to work out as if they were destined to happen. As if they were just meant to be."

I got to reunite with Rachel and Emily in the afternoon. I had missed being away from them all week and  was greatly aware of how much I love this pair.

Saturday night equals YL Leader board game night. This gathering turned into a boys v. girls fishbowl game with some intermittent Pacers watching and pizza eating. I love that we don't just all lead Young Life together but we're real friends too. We know that MaryEllen will cheer everyone on, Jake will want to spend an hour learning the rules to a new game, David will get intensely competitive and then switch to not caring 30 seconds later, and Jenna and Tony are always up for anything as long as we're all hanging out. This is a great team.


Saturday morning we had a bit of a CILT Session 1 reunion breakfast at Patachou since Francesca was in town from TN. Will, Samantha, Amanda, Sarah, Fran, Morgan and I came together to eat cinnamon toast, talk about school, a bit of excitement for DC, and discuss the Super Bowl hype.


It was so good to see Fran and everyone else. It's funny that often we wait for someone to come into town to have a gathering like this, when we could do it all the time.


Michael is in Air Force Officer Training so he's crazy busy and I'm thankful when we get to talk. He's doing phenomenal out there as Tiger Two (that's a big deal), teaching them important things like how to green hat and leading them in O A Day Lay when they run out of marching songs.


Rachel and I got play all afternoon as we didn't have any big Super Bowl parties to attend. We did a little impulse shopping, which I'm very happy with the results, and got supplies for our Instead of the Super Bowl Party. We still had snacks...


Coll still looked festive...


and we were still full of excitement...


We just watched a Chick Flick instead of a football game. It was a good decision for us. Tomorrow I have the day off because of a snow flex day we don't need to use. I love the feeling of three day weekends and knowing I get to sleep in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment