Friday, February 10, 2012

A new kind of match making

Tonight I drove with Emily, one of my Young Life girls, up to West Lafayette to meet up with Maddie, one of my Camp Tecumseh girls. When they both told me they were looking for someone to live with next year at IU I immediately thought of the other one. 


They both have this spark about them--both so fun, laid back, the same sense of humor, great loud singers and crazy dancers, and well-liked by every one. I convinced them to start talking which led to us having dinner at Triple X tonight.

Emily and I talked and sang Taylor Swift all the way there. It was so good to see Maddie and get to catch up. And mostly it was really fun to see these girls that I love so much hit it off. We laughed telling stories about growing up, our families, and friends from HS. We got ice-cream before we left and I felt like they'd been for a long time.



Good news: they both think the other one is pretty great and are planning on giving this whole roommate thing a shot. It's so fun for me to think about them going on adventures together next year and know that they'll both take such good care of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment