Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"You can call me or text me or Skype me or tweet me or just yell my name really loud and hopefully I'll hear."

Remember when I asked what things you want to be? Ellie told me today, "I wanna be a kid that reminds adults we're not all that bad. A CILT that makes people remember why they love camp so much. And a friends that can help and be helped." I love all of that. Wisdom.

A dodgeball tournament was announced at my school today. Each teacher can draft a team of 3 girls and 3 boys. I made my picks during the next passing period and my kids are pumped. We're already planning our neon uniforms and brainstorming team names. Good thing I practiced dodgeball in Main Field everyday this past summer.

I got to talk to Libby at Starbucks after school today about life and choosing a HS and what makes friendships really last. I crave conversations like this and loved getting to listen to what she's thinking, questioning, and hoping for.

Tonight I went to see the Vow with five of my good friends--I love nights when we all get to hang out like this. I think there were about 60 women and only one guy in the theatre to see Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams in the movie I've heard will be "the Titanic of this generation."

Channing's character says, "My theory is that these moments of impact, these moments of high intensity that can turn our lives around, are actually moments that make us into who we are. Each one of us is the sum of these moments, with all the people we've ever known. These moments become our greatest hits that we play in our minds over and over again. But what if one day you can't remember any of them?" By the end of the movie I learned that if you're not keeping a journal, you better start because you never know when you're going to need to remember your life.

Today I want to remember eating lunch with 8th grade girls, reminding Mark that it's ok and maybe even a good thing to be kind of weird sometimes, talking to Annie and never running out of things to tell each other, emailing with my Mom, talking to Libby about life, hanging out with friends that I'm really lucky to have and laughing with Colleen and Emel at the end of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah!

    I know it has been a significantly long time, but I just wanted to congratulate you family and especially your father on his retirement! The legacy that has been created will forever be instilled into the minds of children from each and every ethnic background. Rich or poor, popular or not, your father and your family have made it "FEASIBLE" for everyone to have a lasting memory. I believe I speak for all staff, campers, alumni, torch bearers, friends, family, and most of all God, that what you have created is a lasting memory, and the epitome of being third. So many people look up to your family and Camp as a whole, you have truly blessed many people. Thanks to your family and you for being supportive for thousands of campers and friends alike. As a friend, a camper under your CILT team, and colleague thanks for all your father, family, and you have done.

    With Love,

    Zach Huffman

    ReplyDelete