Monday, February 13, 2012

Top 10 Things I Found Joy In Today

 1. Malena and Haleigh brought me fun surprises first thing this morning. These girls are so great.


2. Over and over again today I had so many moments of just loving being a teacher. My kids are smart and funny and loud and creative and I love getting to know them better.

3. I decided to get one of Libby Ryder's scarves which resulted in getting to email with her today. Holy cow it felt like I was conversing with a celebrity.

4. Abby and Grace made me laugh a lot today as they told me stories about their crushes and asked for advice. Thirteen year olds are hilarious. Mikaela was so kind to me today too and it made my week.


5. I met Alli for chips and guacamole after school. I love how easily we fall into good conversation--she cuts to the chase in all of the important stuff and is such a good listener.

6.  I talked to Sar today and just hearing her stories and her voice made me so happy. I really miss her.

7. I love our Leadership team. So much. "If you could live in any store for the rest of your life what would it be?.... Gymboree."


8. I love when everyone is arriving at Campaigners and hanging out in the basement. This is our Monday night family.

9. We talked about feeding our spiritual hunger and starving what only makes us more empty tonight in Campaigners. Everyone made goals of how we're going to do that this week and I'm so excited for everyone to really be fed because I know that we'll see God working even more.

10. I got to talk to Ellie and Annie tonight. When I was their age I had dial up internet and no cell phone service at home, staying in touch with friends the way both of them do was impossible. I'm so glad times have changed and that they can be part of my day so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment