Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"Valentine's Day can be ok if you give a girl a necklace, but 7th grade relationships never last forever."

These were my favorite Valentines today. Can't beat a felt fortune cookie and going for the higher level vocab even if you're not sure how to spell it correctly.



Yesterday I connected with what Kelle Hampton blogged about,

Some pastors are karate teachers on Tuesdays.
Some moms want more than one thing out of life.

Contradiction? Hardly. More like different melodies that blend together to make one really beautiful 4-part harmony. And I think that life is rich when it is full with much to be enjoyed. When you always want way more than just one thing.

My career is teaching, but I want to be so much more than a teacher.

I want to be a teacher that teaches more than just how to write, a camp counselor that changes kids' lives because camp changed mine, a daughter and sister that cares about her family, an aunt that loves baby Lincoln, a friend that listens and is dependable, a Young Life leader that is present and prayerful, an FBC leader that makes life more fun, a follower of Christ that continually seeks to be more like him, a writer and crafter and photographer. I want to be more.

What do you want to be?

Laney made these Valentine necklaces for today with her mom Kelle Hampton. They make me a bit campsick for wooden nametags. Aren't they just so cute? I want one.


Some of things I loved on the Valentine's Day were watching a Sandlot clip in class, getting to share exciting news with friends that really cared, eating a pizza with Molly, playing knockout with my mittens on, and talking with Emel when she explained to me why so many people live at camp and tried to name all my friends in pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment