Thursday, February 2, 2012

Today I loved...

... laughing with my students, saying hi to them in the hall, and talking about life inbetween all the curriculum. Today I was really aware that these kids are awesome.

... when Emma came into my room with two pieces of Bazooka bubblegum before lunch. We sang a verse together with all the motions while we chewed the gum (it's illegal in Junior High). She's going to bring more tomorrow.

... that we celebrated National Letter Writing Day in every class. I was amazed that some of my kids didn't know how to send a letter. After we got over that hurdle we all wrote. I really hope they'll actually go home and mail them.

... meeting up with Lizzy and Molly at Orange Leaf after FBC. I haven't seen Lizzy in weeks and this girl just makes me so happy. Her attitude is contagious.


... getting dinner with Hannah really quick to talk about life and her Club Talk about being changed from the inside out. She is so great and I love getting to connect with her.

... hanging out with leaders and middle school kids at Wyld Life club.


... Minute to Win It competitions and the Wheel of Misfortune with Sloppy Joe.


... being part of something bigger than myself.


... getting word from people all day long that they were sending letters for the National Letter Writing Day.

... connecting with friends and hearing about Taylor's work crew weekend, Annie's P90x, Kraft's newest Air Force endeavor, and Mag's ability to be vulnerable.

1 comment:

  1. How is Kraft doing? Can he write a blog about being in the air force? I feel like it might be funny. Also, love that shirt you're wearing.

    ReplyDelete