Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I want you to be a part of something great.

Tomorrow I'm going to be celebrating National Letter Writing Day. I want all of you to participate too so I'm giving you a heads up. For one day, instead of just sending texts, emails, Facebook messages, or phone calls, pick up a pen, find some paper or a card and write a letter to someone you care about.

I think it's because of my history at camp; getting mail at the Trading Post and writing Parent Letters at the end of the week, that innately taught me how special hand-written messages can be. There are few things I love more than finding a card that is just perfect for someone or seeing a letter waiting for me when I get home. I have boxes of letters from pen-pals, friends, campers and Young Life girls that I don't think I'll ever be able to throw away. They're just too valuable.

Tomorrow give the gift of a hand-written letter to someone else. Plan time into your day to get it done. Maybe you'll write because, "Sometimes people write the things that they can't say." Maybe you'll write to catch up with an old friend. Maybe you'll write to say you're sorry. Maybe you'll write to tell a story. Whatever your reason--your mission is to write.

Let me know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. This is my kind of day! Hooray for you, spreading the good word! I think the love of mail might be genetic!! Letters to two of my favorite people going in tomorrows mail!

    ReplyDelete