Monday, February 6, 2012

"Hi my name's Jocele. I brought a knife to school once."

Today was a day off of school so I got to check a lot of my favorite things off my to-do list.

Drink a latte and write a post while people watching. Check
Visit Young Life and Tecumseh girls during Carmel lunch. Check
Get crafting supplies for FBC. Check
Got fries and Diet Coke at Chic-fil-a for lunch. Check
Moved back into the Kenney house for a couple more days. Check
Wrote my letter for the day and started another bracelet. Check

I remember when One Tree Hill started when I was in High School and everyone loved Gavin Degraw's "I don't wanna be." Because of many of my friend's recent obsessions with the show I've become addicted as well. I think it's been underrated for far too many years. Here are some things I've been learning from One Tree Hill...


Wearing a cape is actually really cool. If it makes you happy you should embrace it. Maybe everyone else on the playground will get a cape too.

It's good to go out and chase your dreams but you'll probably find out that where you really belong is with the people you love. It just takes going away to figure that out.

If you feel stuck in a rut with what you're passionate about you've got to figure out why you loved it in the first place. Start there. It'll come back to you.

We all know you can take care of yourself. But you should still ask for help sometimes. People want to be there for you.


I'm back with the Kenney's for a couple days and I'm excited for Emily to tell me funny stories and share her candy, Michael to support our diet of pizza and be really helpful, Alli to make crafts and talk everyday and just be so fun.

We have a lot of plans for these supplies...


Tonight at Campaigners we heard the story of "The Room"-- a favorite camp chapel. It was so cool to get to talk through it in our group and discuss what that means for our past and how we should live our lives today.


It's fun to come back home and talk to Alli and Skype Mags and eat Tagalongs with a glass of milk.


Today one of my friends asked me if I had big plans for my birthday on Thursday. Instead I think I'm going to make each day an unofficial celebration. This was a pretty good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment