Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I'm reading a book about wolves... in a wolf shirt... this is too much.

We talked about rest on Monday during leadership, about how we need to find rest in Christ during the week and how rest is different than just zoning out in front of the television. Today I needed to rest, to recharge before the marathon of activity and relationship that will begin tomorrow and last for the weekend. So today I did just that, I tried to not fill up my day, as I am often tempted to do, but instead sought out quiet.


I left my phone upstairs and read my book outside in the sun, didn't make plans in advance and was free to go hang out with Emily later in the day, packed for this weekend so I won't have to worry about it tomorrow. I'd like to be going, going, going all the time but sometimes I have to teach myself to slow down.


Tomorrow will be full of adventures--plays, a movie premier, and a book signing with one of my favorite authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment