Tuesday, September 17, 2013

"She gave me expired gum and now it won't come off my face."

Usually I hang out with HS Young Life kids, but tonight I got to hang out with four of my favorite 8th grade girls. Yesterday at her volleyball match Maddie said, "Miss Wright, Liz and I were talking and we want to go to dinner with you Emma and Milly." Having kids ask if they can hang out with you is one of the coolest things for a YL leader. Luckily it worked out to have dinner the very next day.
 

I picked up the girls after their volleyball practice and met Emma and Milly to watch the cross country race. We cheered on the girls, saw the tennis team and I ran into a camper named Frances that was there with her school. Then we were off to Qdoba, their favorite, for dinner. Milly sat down first and started pulling the foil all the way off of her burrito. I got the honor of teaching the girls the correct way of eating a burrito: pulling down the foil as you go so that all the food doesn't fall out.


We grabbed some frozen yogurt too and I taught the girls to play my friend Allison's game What Are The Odds? Maddie got to buy a special Smurf cup and Emma licked Milly's foot-- needless to say we laughed a lot. I love these kids and getting to be part of their lives. I'm sure this won't be the last time we get to go to dinner this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment