Sunday, October 13, 2013

Live with generosity

The pastor at church this morning asked us, "When was the last time you were overwhelmed by God's grace for you?" I'm not really sure. I think it was probably at the end of the summer while we were singing in the Green Cathedral, or maybe the last time I was writing a letter to God during a CILT devotion. But I've felt that overwhelming feeling before. Then Jeff challenged us, "How do we express our thankfulness of that?" This sermon about generosity wasn't about giving money or things. It was about living in a state of generosity. He spoke about being generous in our relationships. I don't think I'd ever heard it articulated like this before.


Today was one of those days when the words in the sermon struck me. This is so, so good. This is what I want to be about.

Just be who you are. Be generous in your relationships with people. Be you and be human. Let other people be human too. Accept them for who they are and believe in who they can become. Generous people have that space around them. They want to share that blessing. They're storing up their treasures in heaven rather than collecting things here on earth. We want to be a people marked by radical, lavish generosity for one another. What's it mean to live a life that's big towards other.

This week lets live generously.

No comments:

Post a Comment