Sunday, October 27, 2013

"You really like those winky faces ;) don't you?"

I went to Common Ground this morning and was struck by how sweet God is. Yesterday Allison asked me, "Do you ever have those moments when you feel like someone's message is just totally aimed at you?" She was talking about Linda during student staff and today I felt like the sermon had all these pieces that were specifically for me and where I was coming from today.

"Make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love and being one in spirit and in purpose." Phillipians 2:1-11 
They cared more about other people than their own lives.
"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."
Where do I want my glory to be lived out? Don't forget about this tremendous joy.
More important than what any one else thinks of me is what God thinks of me.


Tonight KCraig invited freshmen girls over to her house to hang out. We invite like thirty of our girls to come but you never really know who is going to show up. It's always a different dynamic, a different collection of friends when we gather together. Tonight it was good to see and catch up with Molly, Kaitlyn, Savannah, Chloe, Alli Sams and Genna.


Freshmen girls are caught up in such chaos of so many changes and new experience and old friends mixed with brand-new ones and everything is just crazy. TSwift says that 22 is miserable and magical at the same time but I think she was actually describing freshmen year of HS. But these girls are smart and they're figuring stuff out and I'm thankful that KCraig and I get to enter into that conversation with them. We love these girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment