Wednesday, October 2, 2013

"When cats get married they have to move to the forest so that they're not tempted by other cats in the city."

On Tuesday nights we dream of queso. Then on Wednesday all of our dreams come true when we go to El Camino and eat an absurd amount of queso, chips and salsa. This week our waiter told us something about a limited amount of chips and running out and not being able to bring us more. I thought we all might cry. I'm still not really sure what he said because we did get a couple refills before he told us this would be our last basket.
 

Today we made Top 10 lists of events in history we would want to witness and then the Top 10 places were we find happiness. I'm glad we've made this part of our weekly routine because I learn so much about these girls through their lists. We talked about frustration with God, why things happen the way they do and how we grow from that. These girls are smart and they ask good questions and make me think.

One of my favorite words and emotions is anticipation. I love looking forward to things. I love countdowns. I love knowing that soon I will be reunited with people I love or get to go to a place that means so much. Once I'm actually in the moment it flies by, but I savor the anticipation leading up to it. Right now I'm spilling over with anticipation.

Friday I'm driving to Chicago for a weekend of reunions. That night I get to go to dinner with a ton of Camp Tecumseh CILTs and Day Camp counselors and friends of camp. Chicago people have been some of my favorites since I was a CILT myself back in 2003. I love the people that live there. I honestly might cry of joy I'm so stoked to see these girls that are such a big part of my life. I haven't seen most of these people since this summer and some of them I haven't seen in over a year.

Then I'm spending the rest of the weekend with two of my favorite people in the world--Sarah and Ben Battaglia. Sar has been one of my best friends for nearly five years and I got to be part of their wedding last Spring. I can't wait to just live and be with them for a couple days.

Sunday I'll drive down to West Lafayette to see more camp friends- CILTs, DC counselors and more-- at Purdue. I can't wait to see these people and catch up and share dinner and laugh together.

Then all of next week I'll be at the greatest place on Earth, Camp Tecumseh. My school's field trip has finally arrived and I'm lucky enough to go with both sessions of our students. This is easily my favorite week of school and it just keeps getting better each year as more and more of my YL kids and old students become HS counselors for the program.

Ahhhhh the anticipation!

No comments:

Post a Comment