Friday, July 10, 2015

"Before my first communion I practiced with cheez-its."

Just as I expected, Liz came into Choctaw when she got home last night and said, "Sarah! Do I get a Best Friend Necklace?" Of course I made one for her. Alli was so happy this morning to get hers. First thing at flagpole, Bridget Duffy gave Tim his Best Friend Necklace. Such a fan of Bridget and Maggie-- I love being friends with this pair. You can't help but have fun with them. 


Chapel was a new one this morning about Jonah and the whale which was really cool. My favorite part is singing and I love when we're behind Erin O'Awesome's cabin to see the way she takes care of her girls.


We ran into Jamie Z on our way to the Oak Forest this morning. Not quite sure at all why we took a picture like that. It's weird.

How much more Sarah Wright can this pile of stuff get? It's so many of my favorite things.


This is more like it-- love my gal pals Jamie, Alli and Lizzie. So many shared memories between us all.


And of course we love Kayla, our resident videographer.


I love Alli Kenney and it's been such a gift getting to be with her all the time this summer. She's one of those people that I know will be in my life for years.


I ran the puzzle rotation, one of my favorite activities.



The CILTs also got to do Lava Crossing, Whale Watch and the Tennis Ball Maze.



We debriefed with each group which is the most valuable part. There is just so much to gather from these activities. The real test is putting what we learn into practice.




Back in the Riv everyone was feeling the magic of Friday. I can't believe I've already been with Grace, Lilly, Rachel and Hools for a whole week. So thankful that they're not leaving tomorrow.


Erin has loved having Julia with her this week and Erin loves Timmy.


Diggy showed up with the most amazing glasses you've ever seen while Erin let her girls braid her hair.


Kennedy made Julia a bracelet during clinics this morning.


I convinced Diggy to make me a matching pair of glasses.


Pop Quiz-- Which of the following have not been daily pics of Sarah and Ellyn?

  1. Riding horses
  2. Climbing the rock basees that hold up Irving
  3. Holding up Rosie the snake together
  4. Jumping off the high dive
  5. Posing with Joel when he was Gandalf
  6. Pushing me in one of the LV wheelbarrows
  7. Wearing Wolf Shirts on Wednesdays
  8. Holding up cups of coffee while wearing Sunrise Spectacles
  9. Squeezing into the dryers in the laundry shed
  10. Holding the Golden W the Golden Toilet Seat, Max and a monkey when we were Warriors
  11. Hoarding strawberries at the fruit bar in the morning
  12. Sharing a nerd rope like Lady and the Tramp


We've got the FBC Varsity Team stacked today.


SO DANG FUN.


We really want to face off against another Varsity team. Know anyone looking for some competition?


We sport so hard. Varsity for life.


These guys are the weirdest.


Can I just take a second and tell you I'm such a fan of Bridget? I love this girl and her heart and how much she loves Camp Tecumseh. I'm so glad I get to be one of her counselors.


Liz and I headed up to Lake Village to play Plunder this afternoon. OH MY GOSH. It's nuts and I don't understand half of what is going on. #sports


Liz and I love finding all of our old children while we're running around. I love Cari Gaffigan--she's a rock star.


Jillian, my old camper, gets to be with Emily this week. I was so happy to see Gummy Odle. She's such a champ.


I spotted a YL bucket hat paired with a Michindoh 2015 frocket and met Bridget Sweeney, the younger sister of Mimi Sweeney. That was exciting. Love Lilly and her constant enthusiasm.


I love Molly and Whitney-- the fearless leaders of Catawba cabin who rule 8-year-olds all summer long. They constantly amaze me with their patience and enthusiasm.


KRISTIN GLEASON IS STILL IN RIVER VILLAGE!!! She should never leave.


If you couldn't tell, tonight is 50's night. Love these CILT girls.


Good ol' Camp Tecumseh YMCA and Campers In Leadership Training.


CILTs put the bop in the bop-shee-bop-shee-bop.


Maggie and Bridget always make my day brighter.


Don't these kids look like the 50's version of the Tecumseh Breakfast Club? Rachel Kent is a star.


These gals are some of the stars of my life in the Riv. What would I do without them? Thank goodness for Ellyn, Caroline, Katherine, Molly, Erin O'Awesome, Brunner Runner and Whitney.


I love Kristen Johnson, Wylie and Erin, Katie Giovani and Sofia. There are seriously just so many wonderful people at this camp.


I love Maggie Danaher being on staff and having Erin as one of my best friends here.


I love Ellyn and Erin-- they make Tecumseh even greater.


DAYNA! KRISTIN!


BO STAFF CLINIC. Oh. My. These kids were whipping and spinning around these sticks like nobody's business. It was the coolest thing.


It has been a joy having KG in the Riv with us for the past few days. She will be dearly missed.


We found Fintan and Molly at campfire--they're the coolest.


Harper came to Closing Campfire with Scott and Sara. Since the CILTs were with their cabins, Harper became the main attraction of the night.


 River Village Hip Hop and River Village Show Choir were both phenomenal.



I gave Harper some candy so she agreed to sit on my lap for awhile. She was most excited about taking pictures. I held the camera and she got to push the button. Then she wanted me to take pictures of her.


Every 50's night the coords person Tecumseh Nights (as in Summer Nights from Grease). Emily Harlow is at her brother's wedding, but Abby, Erin and Molly did a phenomenal job for the girls.


The music didn't start so the Coords just went for it and did the whole song acapella. It was fantastic--the best rendition I've ever seen.


Tonight Ellyn was called to be a Torchbearer. Not really. But somehow she got a candle.


We've still got one more week with the CILTs of Session 3. I'm relieved that we're only half way done but I can hardly believe that means only one more weeks of CILTs for the summer of 2015. We're going to make it awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment