Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Big Girl squared, winks, sprinkle cones and the best kind of night off

Claire constantly has a smile on her face all day. I love this kid. Ellyn and I have known her for years but this is the first time she's been our "official" camper. So glad that she's a stayover but I wish I could be with her for her second week. 


There is no better sight than this. As we were leaving chapel today I asked Claire what part of camp she wishes she could take home with her for the rest of the year. She said this. How cool would that be to start every day of the year in the Green Cathedral?


Going to FAB (Fearless Advanced Braceleters) every 2nd period is my favorite daily party. It's so fun getting to know the girls I didn't know previously, chatting with old friends, answering the daily question and see them mastering new patterns. They're rock stars.



Alice has decided again that she will be moving to Fishers in time for the school year to start. I'm in full support of that plan. Colleen is in beads with me 3rd clinic and I'm a big fan of her stories and ability to become friends with anyone.


Did you know that Zoe and Maddie were in Choctaw with me for the past two summers? I'm so glad that I still get to see them all over the place all the time.


Alice and I got steps before lunch by walking laps around the Scheumann and Kampen area. Natalie joined us for a bit and told us some funny stories.


Choctaw had rest hour in two sisters, my new JamBox arrived, I wrote more notes to Castaway campers and got mail from a CILT from Session 1. Then it was SPORT TIME!


This week we played Plunder in the LV. I was on Ursula which meant I got to wear purple and black. I got into a ship almost immediately and then stayed in that ship for the remainder of the game (that's a good thing). The most exciting part was when friends came by to visit. Brunner Runner Runner was retrieving dodgeballs, Mel was making Lillia dance and Adam and Finney baby were over at Kettlehut chapel.


Finney and Adam are tying the knot on Saturday and I'm so pumped for their wedding. Finney Baby and I lead CILTs together for a week two summers ago and she's such a great camp friend of mine. I'm a huge fan of this girl and happy we get to see each other for a little bit this summer.


When the game ended we all went in Kampen to tally the score. The ships are worth different amounts of points. Then the rubberbands in the buckets are worth 1 point per rubberband. Ursula had a ridiculous amount of rubberbands and 5 valuable ships. Much to my surprise WE WON!!!!


I was so excited for my Ursula girls-- GO SPORTS! I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that I've played LV Village games four times this summer and won three times. I know that's not due to my athletic ability, but at this point I am feeling pretty lucky.


When Maggie Drake left CILTs week 4 she asked her mom if she could drive up on a night off to visit me later in the summer. Tonight the dream came true and Big Girl and Emma showed up in the Riv to hang out for the night.


I was beyond thrilled to see their smiling faces, hear their stories, see Emma wink again, exhange looks with Mags and laugh together all night long.


 We ate dinner and ran into a pack of res counselors. Next we found Alli and Tim so the whole CILT fam could reunite-- we're just missing Lizzie.


The girls got ice cream and it just felt right like they're always supposed to be here with us.


I'm so thankful for this pair, the ways they've stayed in touch since camp and how they're such consistent, genuine, thoughtful friends. Nothing like showing love with a road trip to visit, Diet Coke, a new friendship bracelet and note, snap story pics and best friend necklaces. Honored, so blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment