Tuesday, July 7, 2015

"I don't know that song but I pretended like I did because I wanted to sound hip. People think I'm cool, but I'm one of the most out of the loop people. I didn't know Hurricane Katrina happened till two weeks after."

The rain can't even stop us from having fun. Especially when we've got Crocs, rain coats and an umbrella.


Ellyn Prank #78 of the summer: Zipping Liz up in her rain coat backwards


We had a change of plans because of the rain this morning. Instead of doing group initiatives we decided to go to the nursing home in Delphi. Quickly, we had the CILTs pick and practice their songs.


I got to see my best friend Ruth who had her son and great-granddaughter visiting. CILTies and counselors found other residents to chat with before we sang songs.





We had to wait a few minutes for the bus to come pick us up again so of course I pulled out my camera. The CILT girls take lots of pics...





Squad goals... But really.


Julia gave friendship bracelets to Erin and Katherine during flagpole. Erin found more of her old Day Campers as their trail group walked by.


Diggy is the best. I love this girl.


Because it's Wacky Wednesday Week we had Tecumseh Trivia at lunch. Zoom in on the questions and see if you agree with our answers or if you would change any. Ellyn, Julia and I celebrated our own FBC Holiday today.


Tim and the guys insisted on getting a pic. You know those boys, always wanting their picture taken.


After Rest Hour I headed up to the Richard G for lake time. It was mildly freezing for July but everyone still got in to swim.


Caroline and I were both rocking the Pattys. The CILTies were all having so much fun with their kids.





Grace, Lauren and Lilly love their adopted camper buddies at the lake.



Emma Flynn and I played Tecumseh Mind Meld when she finished Saturn check-in. We'd think of a category, both think of three things and then hope for three matches. Some categories included: LV counselors, RV cabins, best parts of closing campfire, fun things at the lake, staff other than counselors...


Julia's high of the day was mud facials with her girls.



Nuala is a rock star.


I asked them how high they could jump out of the water.


Katie loved making a gigantic mud ball with her girls.


My favorite part of this picture is Mackenzie laying down on the trampoline in the back.


CARI, MOLLY AND JILLIAN ARE HERE THIS WEEK!!!


Erin and Diggy have more than a cabin worth of alumni this week. Such rock stars.


Can I just tell you how much I love these CILT girls Rachel, Arden and Lauren? They're phenomenal and so much fun.


Walks back to the Riv are one of my favorite things (plus you get so many steps).


Later in the afternoon I headed to the Mini Farm where I found three cabins playing Bunny Corral in the yard. They asked me to go get the largest bunny out of it's cage because they know what an animal lover I am.


I love seeing CILT guys loving life with their little boys.


Ran into Isabelle and Grace playing with their kids at the Black Hole.


I really, really love working with this team of friends. What if Liz, Alli, Tim and I all did CILTs again next summer too? How nuts would that be?


I ate dinner at Catawba's table and then hung out with them during Trading Post too.




Camp T Mirror Pic game so strong. (Except I need to figure out how to look at the camera in the pic)


The CILTs memorized and practiced their cheer...


Walked by my family's wooden name tag...


Explained Fugitive at the DC Site...


Picked the 13 Fugitives of Session 3...


Only six fugitives made it back to the safe zones...


But the rest of us got pretty darn close and still had fun too.


CILT girls ended the night by writing love tanks on the porch. They have been phenomenal about doing this already and I'm so impressed. We had the last rock devotion of the summer before heading off to bed.


Get excited because tomorrow is WACKY WEDNESDAY!!!

Honorable Blog Titles:
"Do you have disposable campers?"
"You're probably going to become an old lunch lady."

No comments:

Post a Comment