Saturday, July 11, 2015

"My mom brought you Diet Coke because she saw on your blog how much you love it."

I LOVE Olivia Kinsella. I think I've known her since she was 8 years old but we became best friends when she was a CILT last summer. Now she's on Day Camp staff and I love every time our paths overlap at camp. 


Once a summer, counselors stay at camp instead of taking their 25 hours off and work the stay over weekend with all the kids that will be campers again next week. Historically, this is always one of my very favorite weekends. Starting it off with Erin O'Awesome, Diggy and Wylie was pretty promising.


Knowing that the weekend ahead is really calm, I was looking forward to playing with the CILTies without any real schedule or agenda. I love that Bridget so intentionally loves people and that Diggy is always excited every time she sees me.


While the rest of the campers took the bus up to the LV, the CILTies walked back and forth between villages today. That means lots of quality conversation while walking with girls.


ALSO-- since the rest of the CILT counselors are off for the weekend I get to hang out with Erin O'Awesome, Dan and Abby the whole time. Jackpot. I love these people and feel like I don't get to see them nearly enough so this is fantastic.


We had a two hour rest hour and then headed to the pool for swim time. I was a watcher in the pool and there was just a small group of campers and CILTs playing catch and then singing Taylor Swift continuously.



I told the CILTies that Erin and Abby were going to be in charge for pop stop and they reacted like this. Summer camp is the best.


Erin, Abby and Dan were all CILTs in the summer of 2011 and have been counselors ever since. They're some of the MVPs of this camp and I love getting to work with them.


Boomslam-- CILT Counselors: Weekend Edition.


Erin loves being the Abnaki counselor for a day.


We ate dinner, planned chapel and then hung out till it was ice-cream sundae time. This is easily one of the most friendship bracelet-y sessions I've ever had. Almost every girl was busy working on a new pattern with their clipboards and string.


All 40 of them were around, but because they were all doing their own thing I got to keep hanging out with different small groups of girls. I love those smaller groups when we get to talk and just be together. I'm such a fan of these kids.


One of the very best parts of the day was when Cara and Maggie brought back Chipotle burrito bowls for us for dinner. They're rock stars. Guacamole and chips can make your day at camp brighter for sure.


Rachel Kent brought friendship bracelet for all of the CILTs in the session and tonight she gave me an AMAZING double earthquake that goes in opposite directions. She's been tediously working on it this past week and I'm obsessed.


Camp is full of magic and whimsy, even on the weekend.



We got plenty of time to hang out in the Longhouse which is always one of the best parts of the day. Then the girls had devotions together in the Party Room about friendship and how we have to do something for our friends to know that we care about them.

What it would it look like for you to be a good friend to someone today?

No comments:

Post a Comment