Thursday, July 9, 2015

"You're like a cool single uncle who has a lot of lizards."

At Camp T we love our campers, we love our friends, we love our counselors. I love Lucy and Wylie, two of the Welch sisters, who have both been campers for years. 


I love Choctaw girls.


I love how much fun Molly is always having with her Catawba babes.


I love that Molly utilizes my photography and blogging skills to her advantage. Kudos.


I love that Erin always knows right where the camera is.


I love working with Emma, Diggy, Katherine and Erin-- girls who went from being my campers to co-counselors to some of my best friends.


I love Oneida cabin.


I love sharing CILTs with Hools and being together at Tecumseh when we're so used to being together everywhere else.


I love silly kids who love being in the Riv.


I love working with Erin O'Awesome, seeing CILTs with their campers and hearing so much laughter in the background.


I love when Nuala is so silly with her campers and seeing how they adore her.


I love seeing Grace teach her girls how to do the CILT cheer. They want to do what she can do.


I love when the CILTs bring the Party to the Party Room on a regular Thursday.


I love that Michelle's mom brought a chocolate cake from Portillo's for all the CILTs to share. 



I love when Ellyn and I get to match and we really love these "Let's Get Weird" t-shirts. Weird is a side effect of being awesome.


I love Grace Drake aka Grass and getting to know her better. This girl is legit.


I love trying out the paddle boards and getting to spend time with Peanut. I love walking the shore of the Richard G Marsh lake and seeing all the CILTs having fun with their buddies.







I really, really love all the first year girls on Day Camp staff. To be honest, I really wish they could come back and live in the Longhouse with me again, but they're doing big things with their own campers these days.


I love that KRISTIN GLEASON IS IN THE RIVER VILLAGE! We get her in Chickasaw all week which is PHENOMENAL. We'd like to go ahead and just keep her the rest of the summer.


I love when Katherine says, "Oh it's so great to be sitting with all my gal pals."



I love Kylie and that she worked so hard on a diamond bracelet for me today. I love getting to see Scar when her cabin walks by.


I love the nights when the CILTs just get to play with the CILTs-- Dominican Chaos...







then we played Ultimate Challenge...







and then we went on a great CILT hike all the way up to the Camp Tecumseh sign by the Equestrian Center. It was awesome.






Back home again in the Longhouse, the CILT girls got to make BEST FRIEND NECKLACES! We've been anxiously awaiting this one from the CILT Jar all summer and I just couldn't wait till next week.



Everyone made their necklace for their neighbor as we listened to Taylor Swift, ate snacks and gave each other compliments. Doesn't get much more friendship-y than that.


We did the Prayer Station devotion again tonight which has become one of my favorite. It's an individual experience, but the girls are totally invested in what they're doing each step of the way. It's so different than anything else we do that I think it makes a really big impact. God is so good. Now we've got a wall full of their celebrations in the Longhouse, from one of the stations, so we can see them the rest of the time they're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment