Monday, July 20, 2015

"I'm tearing up. This is unbelievable. I'm gonna cry. I'm crying."

Chapel in going to be in the Deep Woods Council Ring all week which is one of my favorite spots in camp. I was so happy to sing Build Your Kingdom here beneath the trees this morning. Danny, Caleb, Maddy and Allie did a skit about how empathy, really knowing people, is such an important part of camp. 



I'M SO EXCITED ALICE IS HERE! Alice and I became friends many years ago and have been pen pals, bracelet buddies and camp pals ever since. We're so relieved to finally be in the same village again and she's in FAB (Fearless Advanced Braceleters) with me. Pumped that we get to hang out every day.


Teaching FAB in the LV is kind of like FBC and school combined. Today I got to teach them the hardcore and the safest way to tape down your bracelet. It was revolutionary.


Just hanging out with my gal pals Danielle and Millie in FAB.


Alli and I are so happy that Keeley, Addie, Lilly and Christine are all here this week. They're so sweet and it's so fun that they're all Warriors now. Our cabins are doing a lot of activities together so that will be great.



During 1st clinic period I was busy writing CILT Parent Letters when Tim came in the dining hall and told me that Mike had finished the video. It's the chapel that the CILT counselors did week 6 and then filmed later that day. Now it's up on Vimeo as A Letter To Our Campers and you should watch it and share it.


Ellyn and I made a return to the White County 4-H Fair tonight for the second year in a row. Gretta was back at the lemon shake up and elephant ear stand.


We found the Johnson triplets rabbits....


Kristen and Lauren's pie...


We randomly ran into Mak from Session 1 which was so exciting. Then we finally got to see our girl Lauren when she came to take care of the goats and rabbits.


We headed back to camp to join the Choctaw gals on their sleep out in Two Sisters Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment