Saturday, July 4, 2015

"Maybe sleep with socks on your hands so it doesn't touch your face?! Wow 8!!! Even bleach hands can't stop you!"

Saturday mornings are full of good-byes and hugs. Erin will miss little Cane. I'm going to miss Nicole and glad she was a River Warrior so I could see her a little more. 


Sarah Woodward my homie is heading back to Fishers. We're going to be intentional about hanging out this year now that we're at two different Junior Highs. I loved being with her at Tecumseh this week and having her sprint towards me whenever I was in view. I'll miss Sar the rest of the summer.


Sarah Latona is going home for good after being her for three weeks. Molly was one of Sarah's first counselors at Tecumseh and one of the major reasons that Sarah started to love camp.



Once we got back to the Longhouse Porch it was just too sad. After two full weeks of fun, laughter, adventure, capers, heart to hearts, games and friendship I really, really hate seeing it come to an end. Liz, Alli, Tim and I will miss all of these kids.


Emma and Big Girl Mags are headed back to Zionsville but I'm so confident that we'll stay close. They both surprised me with long hand-written letters (totally my love language) right as they were leaving. I cried when I read both of them. These girls made such a big impact on me this session.


Maggie's older sister Cassie came to pick her up today which was totally awesome because Cassie was one of my CILTs back in 2011 with Mel, Arielle and Krafty. It was so good to see her again. I've loved becoming close friends with Maggie and miss her already.


We're doing some cleaning before Session 3 comes tomorrow so we got to put all the mattresses out on the Longhouse Porch. It was too tempting to climb on top of 42 mattresses.


We sure do have fun together.


The rest of my day included lunch with Brunner Runner, Parent Letter, Parent Letter, laundry, Parent Letter, laundry, Parent Letter, Parent Letter, Wal-Mart run and dinner, Parent Letter, moving 42 mattresses, folding laundry, shower, Parent Letter. Quite the productive today. Now I've just got one letter left to write and then THE SESSION 3 CILTS ARRIVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment