Friday, July 3, 2015

"How much money would I have to donate to this place to get a statue of myself? You know, like Irving."

This morning Ian through a cup at our table and accidentally hit Izzy in the head. He apologized and asked what he could do to make it up to her. The girls asked him to clean our whole table for us. 


Meanwhile the counselors and CILTs of Oneida timed themselves to see how fast the four of them could clean up the whole table. Their campers were cheering them on and they got it in 1:28.


Ellyn waited to see what I put on this morning and then put on her matching "CILTs have more fun than people" tank. We love being buddies.


Chapel is always one of my favorite times of the day. I had so much fun with Nikki and Maddie in our row just singing together.



Diggy was an awesome lumberjack this morning in the story of the 3 trees. I think she might start wearing those pants all the time.


This morning the CILTs wrote their graduation song to the 21 Pilots song House of Gold.

A Brave once asked when I grow old
Will I become a CILT that bold
And when my counselor leaves Camp T
Will you be my DC?


When we all got here that first week
We all thought that we'd barely speak
And now we're done with Session 2
We want to stay with you


Your campers will be the greatest kids you meet
Put Brookston on the map
We're headed for Camp T

We stacked Strawnana to the sky
Our corn dog tower twice as high
Late to flagpole every day
And did our Coaching Cards Thursday



A Blazer asked when I grow old
Will I become a CILT that bold?
And when my counselor leaves Camp T
Will you be my DC?


Your trucker name will be some kind of strange meat
You will get glittered on
You'll climb a wall 12 feet


And since this Session has to end
We know that we will still be friends
So cherish every small victory
Choctaw, Hopi, Abnaki!

What about the Brova?


A Warrior asked when I grow old
Will I become a CILT that bold
And when my counselor leaves Camp T
Will you be my DC


R-F-A-J-W-D
God, others and then me
We love you Camp T



You find the greatest pals at Tecumseh.


Multiple times today I got to be part of a CILT riff-off. It was a pretty epic battle to be part of. You've got to be a quick thinker and willing to sing a solo once in awhile for the sake of the team.


I love the CILT girls. I wish I could figure out a way to keep them all here.


Tonight all of camp put on their red, white and blue for the 'Merica theme dinner. You know I love my red, white and blue. And everyone loves taking pictures, especially on Friday.





The boys...


The Rileys...


BEEF AND ERIC ARE HERE! They're Camp T alumni and legends who also happened to be two of the greatest partners I've ever worked with.


We brought the Party to the Party Room tonight for sure.



River Village had a photo booth during dinner for the first time ever...






We had another riff-off during Trading Post time.



Alli, Adam and Ellyn had what may be their last official meeting of the summer.



I've loved playing with Riley this week and Erin O'Awesome's outfit may just be my favorite.


These two 'Merica hats might just be my two favorite CILT graduation hats ever created. God Bless Riley Kastens and Maggie Drake.



The CILTies practiced their grad song on the porch a couple times, had a dance party with it and further confirmed how much fun they all are.






Ellyn and I are living life on the edge with multiple daily pics. Watch out world.



So happy to live in the Longhouse this session with Sam, Liz, Ellyn, Alli and Taylor. They are rock stars.


We love the boys of the Brova. 


We got graduation pics in before we had to leave for campfire. Such a fan of Izzy, Hannah, Maddie and Livy.


I love these three Chicago girls who love one another so well and have such a shared history.


Zionsville crew. Can't wait to see these kids back in Indy.



Na, Na, Na Hey ya na (Opening part of Frozen)

Just checked in, we're the CILTs
we can show you around Camp T
Warriors, Blazers and the Braves
Saw you there and I said I'm your CILT
Let's be friends, the love of camp will never end
Grab your backpack and my hand
Cause hey we're the CILTs and we're living the dream

Who would have though that a camper like me,
could double as a CILT super star
You get the best of Camp T
Chilling out in the Riv, hanging out with the kids

Mmm-mm- CILTs
Mmm-mm- CILTs
C-I, C-I-L, C-I-L-T-S Let's go
C-I, C-I-L, C-I-L-T-S Let's go
Wake up every morning saying we're all 3rd
Because we're CILTs we spread God's word
We got to the pool and we go to the lake
Got wooden nametags and our hats are pink
River VIllage swag-- Braves and Blazers that's you
Longhouse and the Brova too!
C-I, C-I-L, C-I-L-T-S Let's go
Mmm-mm- CILTs
Mmm-mm- CILTs


We followed the horse parade out to the OT for campfire with everyone from camp. It's one of the most special things that we do here at Tecumseh.


I have loved having my homie Sarah Woodward at camp all week. Can't wait to keep doing Wyld Life with her once she's back in Fishers. I had the honor of sitting between Emma and Big Girl during campfire tonight-- always entertaining and precious.


Classic Sarah Wright move-- crafting at Closing Campfire. I whipped out two best friend necklaces and participated. Why have I never though of this before?!


 The CILTies graduated and did a fantastic job singing their song on stage. I was so proud of them.







I love this place, these people, this life. I can't imagine finding a greater purpose, a more authentic and enthusiastic community, or a more meaningful job anywhere else.


Honorable Blog Title Mentions:
"I already ate everything I can so now I'm just chilling."

2 comments:

  1. So much good! Really a great group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are having such a terrific summer and that you are back in the place you love so much!! Loved your post today,... And everyday, of course!!

    ReplyDelete