Monday, November 9, 2015

"I love talking to white people about Scandal."

I get to lead YL alongside some of the greatest people. Jackie teaches 6th grade and Lauren teaches Wellness at my school. I've been so lucky to get to know both of them through Young Life in the past few years and become their friend. Both Jackie and Lauren love these kids well and show up week after week with enthusiasm and contagious joy. They're the best kind of people. 


I ended up with a tiny group of girls tonight and it was fantastic. Kegley, Liz, Meric, Samone, Julia and I sat in a little circle in the cubby room and talked about vulnerability through the lens of Christ and our own lives. These are some of the girls I know the best--we've been walking together for years. We've earned the right to be heard in each other's lives and I'm so thankful for that. They're people that will be honest even when it's difficult and they teach me so much. 

"I can’t tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life. We didn’t fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren’t small, but you’re living them in a small way. I’m speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively!" 2 Corinthians 6:11-13

I want that kind of wide-open life for these girls.


David Bock, Jake Conrad and I are the unofficial sponsors of Alabama in Fishers, IN and three of the token members of the Hannah Conrad and Katie Timmons Fan Club. Roll Tide y'all. 


We're only a few weeks away from sign-ups for this summer's YL camp trips. Young Life will go to Timber Wolf Lake for a week, returning campers can sign up for Wilderness backpacking in Colorado. Wyld Life will travel to Clearwater Cove, a brand new camp in Missouri. For the first time, I'm not sure which trips I'll be going on and it's so hard. Being a YL leader is one of the greatest parts of my life and I don't want to miss a second with these girls.


Blog Title Honorable Mention
"It looks like you're wearing an Aztec apron. But if you like it, I like it too."

No comments:

Post a Comment