Friday, November 27, 2015

"I'm thankful for the mandatory fun you bring into my life."

Casey and I met when she was a freshmen at Hope. I was a Junior at the time, finally an upperclassman. But even with the age gap, Casey and I soon became best friends. We went to church and chapel together, always sat beside each other in class, adventured to her lake house in Grand Haven and spent countless hours drinking coffee and writing Top 10 lists. Now we visit when I'm up in Michigan, especially over Thanksgiving Break. 


Not only were we SIBs together but we also spent a summer working at Tecumseh together when Casey was a Warrior counselor. We don't see each other that often anymore, but she's one of those friends that will always be so important to me. Today we met up at our usual spot for coffee and talking and list making. I love that Casey has always been such an intentional, introspective and dream pursuing kind of friend. She makes the world a better place.


We walked around 8th St and I found cards that made me think of friends. Someday I think I'd like to have a career designing cards, journals and calendars.


Before Casey and I parted ways I dropped her off at LJ's to meet up with two other old Hope friends--Ali and Kaitlyn. I was so happy to see them, if only for a few minutes. Ali and I were Rush chairs together and great friends while I was at Hope. Now I see her life from afar via social media, but I still think the world of her. Hope introduced me to some pretty spectacular people.


No comments:

Post a Comment