Friday, December 4, 2015

"Don't forget to NOT get a Diet Coke on your way, we've got DC on tap."

The official start of the Christmas season has always been Mother Daughter Quilt Camp up at the TLC at Tecumseh. I've been going since we first started when I was about six years old and I haven't missed one since. Now I travel up to camp as soon as school gets out and bring a couple helpers along with me. This year I brought Meric and Maddie--two Young Life girls who I think are pretty awesome. 


We had quite the road trip to camp-- complete with Arby's curly fries and a playlist of hits from Maddie.


Once we got to camp we settled right in. We were in sewing room B aka the Party Room for the weekend. Bethie, my mom, taught Maddie and Meric just what to do as they both made their name tags. They are officially quilters. 


December Quilt Camp is special because it's the one camp when little girls-- daughters, granddaughters and nieces all get to come be part of the fun. The Hot Chocolate Club met for the first time on Friday night to meet each other and make best friend necklaces.


Many of these little girls I've known for years and I love getting to play with them over this long weekend. Mia, Shay and Bunny are growing up but they're still pretty teeny.


The most fun is getting to spend the whole weekend with my girls. Julia ahs come with me for the last two years so it was strange not being with her. But I've taken these two to camp twice, I was their teacher years ago and we've been friends ever since. We braceleted and laughed and dreamed up scenarios for camp next summer.



Friday night ended late after a day packed with fun and friends and family and fountain Diet Coke. 


Did you know Maddie and I are accidentally matching in our Varsity FBC shirts?

No comments:

Post a Comment