Friday, June 23, 2017

"Did they add a new verse to Tecumseh?!"

The CILTs spent the morning writing their graduation song that they'll perform at Closing Campfire tonight. 

To Count On Me by Bruno Mars

If you ever find yourself in the middle of the Richard G, I'll gladly be your buddy
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark of the OT, I'll shine a light to guide you
We found out what we're made of, when we did RFAJWD
Singin' what a time to be alive at Camp T

Session One is Session Fun
We wish we had more than two weeks together
Cause there's no place I'd rather be oh yeah
Ooooh oooh ooh yeah


If you ever find yourself makin' a real solid meme, I'll grab the sword to knight thee
You might have noticed there's a new CILT color around, cause grey is the new brown
We found out what we're made of, 4 Pillars helped us gain some grit to lead
Singin' what a time to be alive at Camp T

Session One is Session Fun
We wish we had more than two weeks together
Cause there's no place I'd rather be oh yeah
Ooooh oooh ooh yeah


Wish God could grant us more time by your sides
We have to let go, have to say good bye
So we all sing what a time to be alive

Session One is Session Fun
We wish we had more than two weeks together
Cause there's no place I'd rather be oh yeah
Ooooh oooh ooh yeah

Thank you for the best years of our lives


Did you know that all of these girls had been Kristin Gleason's campers in the past? Neither did I. But what an incredible crew of humans.



Last week we played Pickleball with J. This week we played basketball with Kyle. It's the summer of sports.



It's Disco Night at Tecumseh...



My favorite part of the whole day was easily the end of Trading Post time when I was with this crew of CILT girls in Main Field. They started singing Fix My Eyes and it turned it into a singing and dancing songfest right there by the tetherball court.



I will miss these girls-- they're phenomenal and so much fun.


We practiced the song on the porch again. This is my favorite setting for the CILTs to sing it together because it's just for them and they're just being silly and loud and it's so good.


We joined the Horse Parade to Closing Campfire...


And found a seat at the far side of the benches. I'm so thankful for this whole CILT family.


Molly Henry is here! And so is her niece Reagan!


A huge shout out to the Camp T media team for capturing our memories and supplying us with the most pictures we could ever want...


















No comments:

Post a Comment