Sunday, June 11, 2017

"I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!"

IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF CAMP! THE DAY WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR! THE TIME HAS COME!


Not only did a small army of CILT girls check in, but I got a visit from my girl Brookie when she dropped off her sister Bailey. Brooke will be back in three week and I can't wait.


As girls arrived the porch was full of hugs and smiles and laughter-- all the things you would want to have in abundance at summer camp. This never gets old. 


We did swim checks at the pool after reading the rules in Southern and British accents.


The CILT Pack got a special guest appearance from Scott Brosman, the Mayor of Camp Tecumseh.


We're so excited about all of the CILTies that arrived today. We've got Choctaw...


Abnaki...


Hopi...


and the Kiva.


A drone took our Village picture but then we were just feeling the poses and wanted to keep going. Pose 1


Pose 2


Pose 3


Pose 4


Pose 5


Pose 6


And then we had a spontaneous race to find a 4-leaf clover.


Ellie won the race and then ate the 4-leaf clover for extra good luck.


The CILTs decided to go to Opening Campfire as different conspiracy theories.
If dino nuggets aren't made of dinosaurs then what is in them and where did all the dinosaurs go?


Demi Lovato has a sister named Poot.


Finland doesn't actually exist.


JFK didn't really die.


Avril Lavigne did die.


We ran around flagpole with all of camp-- living up our outfits and checking out what everyone else in camp did tonight.





Shub found brother Colby who is here for the very first time.


 When we yell for how many years we've been coming to camp I scream, "26!" Scott screams, "27!" and then we high-5.


What a guy, that Scott Brosman.



But the thing that made tonight feel the most like summer camp came at the very end. It was while I had girls sharing during devotions that it felt like we'd really arrived and later when I read them a bed time chapter that I felt like I'm right back home again where I should be. I'm so excited for this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment