Saturday, January 1, 2011

I really can't think of a more perfect way to start a year.

Top 10 Things I Don't Want To Forget About Today

1. Playing DICEcapades! with Michelle getting stuck in Actiontown and it always being Molly's turn.



2. Playing Sardines. Who knew there were so many good hiding places in here? "Everyone who loves Jesus say I!"

3. Taking pictures in the field with Sarah Briggs- just like Haley George.





 4. Eating dinner at Noodles with the Indy CILT girls. Emily Chase trying to do flies and then holding her eyes open. Avery doing the dougie. Playing "guess the CILT" game. Dancing in the parking lot.



5. Screaming when I found out Maddie was driving down to Carmel for dinner.



6. Playing Just Dance 2,  having everyone dance to "Hey Yah" at the same time, Molly's show choir face, Sarah Mooney and Sarah Briggs both being so good, and being equally entertained whether you were dancing or watching.





 7. Baking a giant Funfetti cupcake in Sarah's new cupcake cooker thingy.


I like that after we cut off the tops of each piece so they could fit together we just ate the cut off parts like they were slices of pizza.


8. Playing some Mat Snatching.

We left this.


They left this.


After searching every hall and floor we found this suspended.


We returned all of this.


9. Sitting and writing lists and sharing and listening to the devotion play list and talking and crying and more writing for hours.

"I remember that the answers aren't necessarily as important as the questions and the company, and if we do find answers, we'll find them together. Share your life with the people you love. We were made to live connected and close. 
Because there really is nothing like good friends, like the sounds of their laughter and the tones of their voices and the things they teach us in the quietest, smallest moments." -Bittersweet



10. Sarah's devotion talking about friendships and specifically camp friendships. We are so blessed.

(Sorry, I can't stop at 10)

11. Getting to spend a whole day with Sarah Mooney.


12. Seeing all of these friends being so joyful all day. There was so much laughter, new friendships, hugs, and I don't know if I ever stopped smiling.

Michelle said one of things she didn't want to forget was, "Feeling the way I do at camp without being there."

13. Calling Michelle "Peanut" and her finally deciding after much deliberation to call me "Sasquatch."


14.  Talking with Sarah about this quote; how we feel like it's our life and how we want it to be our life and how its hard and great at the same time.

“It's not enough to have a dream unless I'm willing to pursue it. It's not enough to know what's right unless I'm strong enough to do it. It's not enough to join the crowd, to be acknowledged and accepted. I must be true to my ideals, even if I'm excluded and rejected. It's not enough to learn the truth unless I also learn to live it. It's not enough to reach for love unless I care enough to give it.”

1 comment: