Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Now I have so much to blog about!"

Here's the truth. 

I'm a planner. I want to make sure that I'm living life to the full and continually connecting with people so I plan to fit it all in. I know what I'm doing every weekend until camp starts this summer except one. I know what I'm doing everyday of the week by Sunday night. I have to schedule in phone calls so I make sure I talk to other busy friends. 

Tonight was going to be different. Tonight, on this very green St. Patrick's day, I made no plans except to do a little television watching, book reading, and note writing after FBC. That vision for relaxation lasted all of about an hour before Jenna said, "Do you want to go to dinner at Annie and Jon's tonight?"

I talk about being spontaneous but I've scheduled my life to the point where I don't have time to be spontaneous. Tonight it happened.


Annie made a traditional Irish dinner- corned beef with potatoes, cabbage and carrots. So delicious. Annie was proud. We were surprisingly all fans of the cabbage.


Nick was precious entertainment as usual. I love hearing him speak strings of words now. "Sowy Kessy," and "Thankyou Mama," and "Please Kylie! Ham!"


Panera does Irish bread well.


Ky wasn't a big fan of the Irish spread. Ham and salami are the way to go.


Meat art. Reminiscent of scene from Mean Girls.


Every time I see Raelyn I'm amazed at how she's grown. We love passing her around and all getting a turn. And Erin loves her peach fuzz head.


Jon & Annie moved next door, like right next door, to Jack & Linda and now all of the kids get to play together everyday. I loved watching the girls laughing and playing together tonight.


Ky's laugh is loud, a full body kind of laugh. It's contagious.


She is just so much fun and joy and craziness and excitement from her flipping hair to her sparking shoes.


Feeling spontaneous after dinner, we took a walk to get St. Patrick's day gelato. We decided to split Maple Walnut, Strawberry, Guinness, Pistachio, Double Chocolate between all of us.


Ky's eyes lit up when the waitress said they had Strawberry. She chooses well. Strawberry was everyone's favorite. Erin couldn't get over the fact that the maple was, "just so granular." Jenna decided the chocolate tasted just like chocolate syrup. Annie loves pistachio. Kelsey, Maddie, and Kylie all thought the Guiness was pretty good.

I loved walking back in the twilight all of us talking and laughing in the welcomed warm weather. Such a great night. I want to plan in some more time to be spontaneous.

No comments:

Post a Comment