Sunday, April 17, 2011

"allikenney12: won the war against @sarmwright and @mollhenry at the tippecanoe battleground with @thedarkmarcus!"

Today I got to play at Camp with some of this summer's Day Camp staff. They look fun don't they? The Day Camp Open House is an opportunity for families to visit camp for the afternoon so they can check it all out before the kids come in the summer.


I'm not actually on Day Camp staff but I made the trip up so I could see Shannon. This will be her second summer as the DC Assistant Director and our second summer being counselors together in the Longhouse. She goes to school in Iowa and I hadn't seen her in months. It was so great to spend the day with her. She learned to drive the Day Camp bus and did a fabulous tour driving tours all afternoon.


I love the camp chapter of the FBC .


This never gets old. Ellyn is such a celebrity.



Alli Kenney is a gem. Joel assigned the two of us to do the pop stop run. I love hanging out with Alli because she gets so excited about everything- giving tours on the bus, taking pop orders, sending Diet Coke down the Black Hole to Molls, face-painting, and playing with little kids are all so fun.


Eileen is such an artist. She gave Sophie a flower and a butterfly. Then Sophie painted a flower on Eileen's hand. I loved listening to the conversation between these two.


Today was just such a great day. These people are some of the most fun I know. I loved meeting the new DC counselors and seeing everyone jump in to help make the day really special for the visiting families.


After cleaning up all the program areas Joel had everyone to his house for a cook-out and a competitive game of Catch Phrase. I'm not nearly as competitive as I used to be but I got really excited in this game. Ellyn flipped out when the controller horse-shoed  back to her, Alli got intense about winning, Molly screamed, Tripper skipped a lot of options every round, Kevin stayed calm, Courtney remained positive, and Coll snapped in people's face to distract them.

I smell like campfire smoke, my face is tired from smiling, I'm even thinking in a British accent at this point, my throat is sore from singing and I'm too pepped up on Diet Coke to fall asleep. I can't wait to spend the summer with these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment