Monday, April 18, 2011

"If that was a fire Miss Wright we would have all died."

We got an e-mail last week about an upcoming earthquake drill. When the alarm went off this morning I yelled over the clanging, "IT'S AN EARTHQUAKE DRILL. YOU HAVE TO GET UNDER YOUR DESKS." Then I realized it was actually a firedrill so I yelled over the clanging again, "JUST KIDDING. GET OUT." They were all crammed under their desks. "WE HAVE TO GO OUTSIDE." Double pratice. They'll be ready tomorrow.

You know the game where you say what animal people look like? I always tell Mikaela she looks like a sloth. Today she told me I would be a baby bunny. I took that as a compliment. Mikaela told Abby she looked like a potato but I kind of think she looks like an eel- we're still working on a final decision.

I got out of school and had voicemail from Allison Stamer telling me she was on her way home for Passover dinner and did I want to see her tonight? Ohmagosh of course I wanted to see her tonight. We met at the Monon and went on a walk.



I really miss seeing Allison all the time but love when I get to see her now. Some things stay the same like the way she talks with more energy and excitement and aliveness than anyone else. But I love that in the gaps between the times we see each other she is growing and learning and figuring life out. Today I was inspired hearing her talk about how she is looking for where she comes alive, where God has called her, and how she is going to live that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment