Sunday, April 10, 2011

If we could

Sar and I drove up to good 'ol Delphi High this afternoon to see the musical production, "Anything Goes". The mentor girls from my home church had several of the leads and I couldn't miss their last production of High School.


Grace Mears accent was hilarious, Grace Currie was precious and I loved her dancing, Jordan's character was ridiculous and so fun with that dog, and Annie and Emily were so fun as two of Reno's Angels.


This boy, the one up in the air, was hilarious and Sar, Arielle, and I couldn't stop laughing every time he came on stage. Whoever said you need a big part to get noticed? Emily and Annie are just ridiculous. I love them.


Sara Brosman has been directing the plays at Delphi for as long as I can remember and today was her last one. As she recognized the seniors she gave funny and kind words about each one and everyone had tears in their eyes.


As soon as we got back to Indy we went to the Nikcevich's for Sunday night dinner. We pulled up and the porch was overflowing with leaders and Young Life friends eating lasagna, garlic bread, and slightly smashed homemade cupcakes.


Almost everyone left to do homework or go to the night service at Common Ground but Sar, David and I stayed for porch time with our two favorite families.


They are some of the most welcoming people I've ever met and I always feel like I belong there with them. I love watching these parents interact with and love their children well.


Annie started us off with cartwheels not fully satisfied with the straightness of her legs. She was so enthusiastic everyone else had to get up and try too.


Nick was running around all night with his diaper nearly falling off. It was soaked because he kept jumping in the baby pool. Nick loves jumping and climbing on stairs and drinking with straws and looking out for baby Raelyn and kisses.


Raelyn gurgled spit and sucked on her fingers and we all wanted to be the next one to hold her all night long. Kylie was in constant motion with barbies fresh from the pool then finding a sucker in the house next taking Nick for a ride on her hotwheels bike.


If we could we spend time on this porch everyday with these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment