Sunday, April 3, 2011

"Ok, so we're going to spend all day with you. I hope that's ok." -Sar

Common Ground, lunch and hanging out with the Nikcevich's all day long. Sar and I love being around both of these families and today she and Caitlin were with them all day long. See the little alley between the two houses in this picture? Sar is going to build a little bridge between the two so she can permanently live with both families.


These are great people. Like the I-just-want-to-soak-up-how-fun-kind-intentional-precious-God-seeking-family-loving-relational-and-wise-all-of-you-are kind of people.


Molly is back and tan from Florida! Oh how I missed this girl's laugh, car dancing and commentary on everything.


This next picture reminds me of one of my favorite movies, You've Got Mail- "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms"

But let's be honest, I'm all about a bouquet of friendship bracelet string.


We cut the string way too long, which created many unnecessary knots, but ended up with this friendship bracelet headband. Thank you Emily Westervelt for the inspiration. We think these are going to be big this summer.


Later that night we sat on a porch swing and chairs on the Nikcevich's porch. Annie walked over from next door, "Oh, summer nights." It felt just like a summer night- warm enough for shorts and a sweatshirt, laughing and talking with nothing else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment